Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kickin Off

Today begins a new era in the world of recreation. This blog will not only reflect life's great moments in the English family (as I brag on my wife and kids), but will also reflect the passions I have for using recreation and sports for the purpose of glorifying Christ (1 Cor. 10:31). Through this blog, I hope to share with you my daily learning's of recreation and ministry, while connecting with others serving in similar passions.

Recreation and Sports provide us with the opportunity to engage people on all levels. The culture in which we live today is a leisure oriented culture. From the outdoors, to the gyms, athletic fields, craft events, water facilities, and other arenas, people are competing. Not only are they competing in athletics, but in life. What better way to engage people than meeting them where they are and helping them get where they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment