Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

Fantastico Ephesians 5:15-17


While we enjoyed another pounding of snow and playing in it, Kelly and I decided to make homemade pasta Sunday afternoon. What I love about my marriage is that we both like to cook (the term cooking means no microwave dishes or boxed products). It is one of our hobbies together. Spending time in the kitchen provides us quality time to talk, laugh, and enjoy what the two us have prepared together. Thanks to the snow for slowing down my schedule and allowing us to have quality time together over the weekend.

This leads to another thought for us as husbands and wives living in a culture of business. God has honored me with a great wife and best friend. And God has honored me in allowing me to be part of a great recreation ministry at Cool Spring Church. And often times, I find my "ministry" schedule overcrowding my time with family and spouse. Ephesians 5:15-17 gives us a great passage to think about, "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." In the culture we live, we have to make decisions on time. Yes there are a lot of 'good" ministry events, meetings, and opportunities. But we have to learn to choose the "best." You see, the number of "good" ones will take our time from us before we realize it. And for many, it has destroyed their covenant relationship. The "best" ones allow us to set our schedules and work within a balance time of family and ministry/work. As a spiritual leader in my home, I have to set the tone and time for relationships to develop in my house as well as in my ministry. It shouldn't take a snow fall to create that. Whether you are in ministry, leading a ministry, CEO, or a great employee, apply Ephesians 5:15-17 to your life. Making use of time wisely will greatly enrich your quality of life with your family and Christ.

By the way, the pasta was great and accompanied by Chef's Famous Sauce delivered from Buffalo, NY (I have a dealer on the sauce!). The whole experience was Fantastico!

No comments:

Post a Comment