Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Graduation # 1

This weekend I will be celebrating the first high school graduation of our family. My son Tyler has completed (I hope no last minute surprises) his 12 years of education. Several interesting facts about his 12 years are that he has lived in two different countries (spoke English, Arabic, French), two different states, seven different school systems and eleven different homes.

In watching him prepare for graduation, I found myself reflecting back to my high school graduation. As the years have passed I can not really remember the feelings or emotions I had on that last week of school or graduation night. So I decided to look back at both our achievements and compare. What I found was this:

Things in common between us:
  1. A High School Diploma
  2. Accepted in to college (Chowan College for me and George Mason Univ. for Tyler)
Things not in common between us: (Tyler's awards that I did not receive)
  1. Hanover Scholar
  2. 4.1 Grade Point Average
  3. Principles Service Award
  4. National Honor Society
  5. BETA
  6. Weighted Internship TV 99
Well done son. You have pressed on toward the goal despite many relocation's and making of new friends at each place. You stayed focused on your task ahead and trusted Christ's direction for your life.

Although our achievements may be somewhat different, I am still two more degrees up on you!
(In time I am sure you will pass this as well)

2 comments:

  1. ~sigh~ It seems like just yesterday that Tyler was 8 years old, sweating himself silly in 90 degree heat helping us unload our seminary moving van, while his dad "prepared his Sunday School lesson." I'm fairly certain you were watching golf. :)

    Congrats Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a young man you guys have raised! I'm proud to know him. Congrats Tyler!!

    ReplyDelete