Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

People's Needs

This past week I preached on the discipline of service as part of our creating "space" for God series. In this message I talked about living the gospel message of Loving God and Loving Neighbors. A message our world needs to see and experience.

Well today God challenged me with the same task I spoke about. I love God's sense of humor and call upon our lives. As I was at work today, I had an opportunity to meet a hurting women in need. And in that opportunity I was challenged to respond. That response involved meeting her physical needs (shower, cleaning supplies, meal). It was through those needs that I was able to address her spiritual needs. That despite her circumstances, God loves her and wants an intimate relationship with her. Wow - isn't God great in how He teaches us specific spiritual disciplines and then calls us to live in them!

And for a side note: my Father would have done the same thing - thanks dad for modeling that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment