Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Let Him Do It

Throughout the year, three times specifically, I find myself encouraging our sports league directors that God will provide coaches. And no matter how many years we have hosted these leagues, God has provided volunteers and coaches.

The long lasting slogan of Nike is "Just Do It." Often times in a volunteer organization I find myself saying we have to "Just do it." We have go out and find coaches, we have to go out get more players to balance the teams, we have to "just do it."

While our staff and league directors have the abilities and personalities to organize, structure, recruit and run our sports leagues, we must yield ourselves to let "God (Him) Do It." Each year God proves Himself in providing our resources of players, coaches, league coordinators etc. In all these positions we meet new people each year with special gifts and desires to be a part of our sports ministry. And each year or season, I find all those worries of needs and "just do it" issues cared for by our heavenly Father. The scripture is clear on God's provision for us first in Christ Jesus for our lives and secondly in our daily needs. The scripture also reminds us to lay our burdens and worries aside for His care. It's when we fully trust Him and abide in Him do we lay all those worries/needs aside and watch Him provide.

I am thankful for those individuals who God has brought to our leagues willing to coach, lead, ref, and volunteer. These are God's provisions in my daily work through Recreation ministry. As I continue to grow and learn to trust Him more, I simply need to "Let him Do It."

No comments:

Post a Comment