Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Character Camp


This past week we welcomed 70 campers back to Rolando Lamb's Character Camp. This camp focuses on the A Game - Attitude, Academics, and Athletics. Coach Lamb uses his basketball skills and passion for God to instill in every child the heart of a champion. Each day Coach Lamb teaches character through specific scriptures as reflected through the life of Christ and players are required to learn passages of their choice each day.Throughout the week campers are reminded, "While there is much talent in the world of sport and talent can get you to the top, it's character that keeps you there." Campers also spend the four days doing conditioning drills and basketball skill drills.

"A Game" Daily Disciplines provided for each player are:
* I will read my Bible everyday
* I will have a positive attitude
* I will obey my parents
* I will make good grades
* I will practice to be the best

"Champions do daily, what losers do occasionally"

No comments:

Post a Comment