Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Great Outdoors

One of the things I love about being a part of recreation is the great outdoors. Though I am not the ultimate sportsman like my friends of Hanover County, I do enjoy dressing up and acting like I am. It has been exciting for me to introduce the Outdoor Ministry concept and watch men and women grab it with a passion. Over the last several months we have hosted a Wild Game dinner, Turkey hunt for kids, bible studies, and will host a fresh fish fry to happen in a few a weeks. These opportunities are fun and exciting. But the creative beauty of this world and the solitude that comes with the hunting, camping, or fishing is refreshing. There is something about getting out in God's creation where the early mornings can be a time of one on one refreshing. Just you and the Creator. In the Bible, Mark talks about Jesus "getting up early to spend time with the Father." Take advantage of the outdoors and refresh yourself with God the Creator. Check this website out for further Outdoor Ministry Devotions - http://www.sportsmensdevotional.com/. If your interested in the Outdoor Ministry approach, contact us so we can hook you up.

1 comment:

  1. Even as I type, I've been doing just that this week, although not from a tree stand. From my balcony overlooking the beach, I sit in wonder each morning as I drink my coffee looking out at the Father's awesome handy work and am able to sing to Him and thank Him for all that my eyes behold in His Masterpiece of nature.

    ReplyDelete