Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Passing of a Great Father

This past week my father, Jim English, passed away and is now in heaven with the Lord. There are many things I could say about my father, but I am left with this phrase as modeled by his life - Loved God and Loved People - two of the great commands given to us through the parable of the Good Samaritan. It was an awesome day of celebration of his life during a memorial service in which I was honored and proud to perform. Thanks dad for being a Godly man; honoring him, my mom, and your sons. You will be missed. In the last moments at his bedside I could hear the words of our heavenly Father saying, "Well done thy good and faithful servant."

1 comment:

  1. Greg,
    Brian and I feel so privileged to have come to know you and your family since you've come to Cool Spring. It is evident that your father raised you up to serve the Lord and was a great role model in your life as well as a close friend. We were very moved by the sermon you gave in honor of your father. How proud he must be of his son and the sons you are raising as well. God bless you and your family. In Christ's love, Alison

    ReplyDelete