Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Duke Bound

Dreams do come true! As much as Disney World advertises this and does do a good job of achieving it, I ain't talking about Disney today. I am talking about Duke basketball and Cameron Indoor Stadium - www.goduke.com.

Brendan, my youngest son, was born a Duke fan. And for those of you thinking he got that from me, well, no. It's just his team. And today, he has been provided an opportunity to go see Duke play Clemson. Not only are they playing Clemson, but it is the 70th anniversary of the historical landmark in college basketball and the celebration of their 50th anniversary to the first ACC title won by Duke. It should be a good one in Cameron Indoor today, whether you are a Duke fan or not!

As a sports fan, I'm pumped! As a father getting to watch my son's dream come true, I'm in tears!

So for all it's worth today - GO DUKE.

3 comments:

  1. Cameron is AWESOME! I went for the first time a couple of years ago...we were there when J.J. broke the ACC record for most 3's in conference history. Look for "Crazy towel guy." He's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure the tears is from the secondhand smoke at Honey's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize that you also live in a divided house....somehow I married a Dook fan, and as much as the Carolina blue blood in my veins resisted, I ended up at the vile Cameron indoor several years ago for a game against Clemson. I have to admit that we all enjoyed it. Now I live with 3 Dook fans, although Trevor favors Navy Lacrosse over Duke.

    ReplyDelete