Pages

Thursday, May 06, 2010

A Day at the Fields

Today was a baseball kind of day! The weather was perfect and the time spent with friends, co workers, and family was great.

Started this morning out at The Diamond to participate in Education Day. First pitch was thrown at 10:35 AM. What a way to start your day. I had the opportunity to go see the Richmond Flying Squirrels play the Altoona Curve with my associate Steve Rowe and Rec Desk Volunteer Bob Roza. The seats were great and oh what a game. I really enjoy watching baseball. In fact, I even keep my own scorecard while watching the games. Any 9 inning baseball game is good, but what's even better is FREE BASEBALL. By "free baseball" I mean extra innings. Today we went 11 innings and defeated the Altoona Curve 2-1 in the bottom of the 11th. Squirrels are having a great season and an awesome record at home. If you haven't been down to the stadium, check out the Squirrels. It's family fun and good baseball - www.squirrelsbaseball.com.

Tonight I headed out to Mechanicsville Little League to see my youngest play. He had opportunities to play center field, short-stop, and third base. He had a great night at the plate going 2 for 2 with a home run to right and double up the middle (Dad was proud). The coach gave him a nice surprise to be the closing pitcher and he struck out the last batter for a 9-6 win against an undefeated team. Another great game played by all the MLL Blue Jays.

Aaah...a day spent in America's Past-time. I guess I will have to come back to reality of everyday life tonight as I prepare for my round of golf in the morning with some Upward Volunteers. Remember, it's all about relationships and Playing 4 Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment