Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Picture on the Course


I had the opportunity to play golf on Friday with some of our new Upward Sports Ministry leaders. It was a great day for golf in terms of weather and I didn't strike the ball to bad.

These outings are always great. It provides an atmosphere of fun and self-competition as well allows us focused time to talk about what is ahead for our Upward Sports seasons. During this round, we talked about Flag Football and Challenger Basketball. I love to hear new ideas and watch them develop over time. You can't beat enthusiastic volunteers (although sometimes you have to contain them).

Golf provides a lot of great lessons. From integrity, character, and honesty. But on this day, the greatest lesson was reminded to me on the number 9 green as I was putting for par. Lining up my putt required me to look ahead of the hole in order to read the green. Just as I did, a picture became words. Behind the green there was Ivy growing on a telephone pole in the form of Christ on the cross with a backdrop of a white house with one painted red door. As I continued to look at this backdrop the thoughts of Christ hanging on the cross for me came to my mind. Also, the red painted door represented his blood stain for me and the white house created the image of purity. What a picture and image.

I have included the photo for your viewing and reflection. It always amazes me to be reminded of Christ love throughout the day in a variety of ways. This reminder occurred to me on the 9 th hole. Who says God isn't about golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment