Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God Working Depsite Being Behind

Well.........I'm behind (obviously as I have not posted in a few days). Getting behind seems to be the thing to do in our culture. It makes us sound busy, and for a lot of us we are, and it makes us feel important. It's as though when we are not behind, we are not being productive.

However, getting behind is a killer on us as individuals, parents, spouses, and even friends. I am not one who likes to be behind or piled high in projects. But often times I find myself in this position - behind in preparations or piled high beneath sports and rec administration and ministry opportunities.

In the midst of being behind though, God has been putting new opportunities before me in terms of maximizing our facility for new impactful sports ministries. I have been meeting with people for further development of our fitness / cardio area, starting a Sports Performance Training Ministry for ages 10 and up, and working with another local church in expanding our Upward ministry in Hanover County. As I continue to see and shape the future for recreation ministry, I often wrestle through these new phases. But, I love it when God brings people into my life that are passionate and gifted in working in these areas. Praise God for using people as a vessel for establishing His Kingdom on earth.

Stay connected to the Recreation Ministry of Cool Spring and look for details of these opportunities to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment