Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowy Birthday


The excitement of birthday cake, ice cream, and presents is usually enough fun. But, 12 inches of snow on top of that is sure bliss. And yesterday, our family celebrated Kelly's birthday and snow!

After making the drive home from work on Friday night and waking up to a foot of snow, I knew it would be a good day. It started with a good cup of coffee, followed by eggs (in a black iron skillet), uncured bacon meat, and grits. We cleaned sidewalks, scrapped cars, and threw a few snowballs while taking family photos. The afternoon brought about the making of homemade snow cream (with my dad's recipe), college basketball, and a short winters nap.

Now I was ready for the evening - a fine meal to be prepared for Kelly and the baking of Red Velvet cupcakes. As I have mentioned before, being an accomplished chef would be a goal of mine. So, I do all I can at home to work on this accomplishment. The menu for the night was a Mustard Herb Glazed Salmon with a Gorgonzola and Porcini Mushroom Risotto and Broccoli on the side. Hmmmmm... if I say so myself.

The final pinnacle of this snow filled birthday was a date on the couch to watch Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in White Christmas. Snow, Snow, Snow.........(you know you want to sing it!)


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the salmon, but can I get a sample of the red velvet cupcakes?!

    ReplyDelete