Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

Upward Sports Packaging Overseas

During this week I will be working with my friend Myrna Gregory from Upward Sports. Myrna coordinates many of the overseas Upward Sports experiences and does a great job. I have always known enthusiasm to be contagious and Myrna has that attribute. We will also be joined by two others at the Upward Sports office in Spartanburg, S.C. who have worked with Myrna and have international sports experience.

Together we have received a copy of the Upward Sports Missions Case. This case is designed and used to help those in an overseas market prepare, plan, and host an Upward Sports League or Camp. Throughout the week, we will be reviewing the material and studying it from an overseas perspective; from the language used and the content provided. Through this project, it is our goal to be able to provide as many overseas church leaders or ministry personnel with a sports experience that can be established and duplicated throughout their specific region and culture.

I love this kind of stuff. The excitement of taking a sports ministry tool and working with those from others nations to provide a quality sports experience that will lead to the message of Christ and the establishment of a church. I will say on a personal level, I am more an oral communicator. So, the time I have spent reading over the manual and looking at all its parts this week has been and is somewhat of a new challenge to me. But, I am excited about my time at Upward Sports and the opportunity given to me to be part of this team.

It is also nice to have my wife Kelly and youngest son Brendan traveling with me. Brendan is excited about his purchase of the South Carolina Gamecocks Baseball hat (they just won the college World Series) and Kelly is hitting the peach orchards. We are also having some time to spend with our friends Danny and Merriem Franks (author of Connective Tissue blog) and Kelly's brother Jamie and his wife Kristen in Fort Mill, SC.


No comments:

Post a Comment