Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Quotes about Me (and You) Part 2

I am continuing a series called "Quotes about Me" this week. This little series is taken from John Ortberg's The Me I Want to Be.
  • If I want my mind to be full of life; I will have to pay attention to what it is focused on.
  • It starts with a vision of being loved by God.
  • You have a great freedom - whatever - to allow the Spirit to rewire your mind.
  • While reading scripture, use your imagination to recreate the details of peoples expressions, smells, and sounds. It's alive!
  • Peace doesn't come from finding a lake with no storm, it comes from having Jesus in the boat.
  • The Holy Spirit is a non-anxious presence in our lives.
  • The goal of prayer is to live all my life and speak all of my words in the joyful awareness of the presence of God.
  • Temptation is painful to us because when we give in, it doesn't hurt us from the outside; it hurts from the inside.
  • Real freedom is not external freedom to gratify every appetite; it is the internal freedom not to be enslaved by our appetites.
  • Sin is the deadliest force, it takes us out of the flow of the Holy Spirit.
  • You are your own nemesis, your own biggest problem, because there is a relationship between the best version of you and the worst version of you.
  • There is a ME I cannot see.
  • Apart from the flow of the Holy Spirit, we can't see our sin.
  • Repenting is God's gift to us. It does not increase God's desire to be with us. It increases our capacity to be with him.
  • Being alone with God, I can fully be myself.
  • Prayer, more than any other activity, is what places us in the flow of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment