Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Excited

Back from a week that was half "stay-cation" and half "va-cation." But none the less, it was time where I didn't have to make daily decisions, process leagues, and oversee facility issues. There were times within the week that I did day-dream about what potential opportunities are ahead for us at Cool Spring, particularly through recreation, and the arrival of Brad Hoffman as my new partner in ministry and Pastor of Cool Spring Church.

I am excited to be part of a team. The great thing about sports is there is always a new beginning for each season. And I am excited about the new season of Cool Spring. I am excited about the passions that my colleagues have for learning and moving forward with ministry dreams. I am excited about the families who are attending and becoming part of our Cool Spring family. I am excited about the leadership skills and passion for people that Brad Hoffman brings to Cool Spring. I am excited about developing a new missions partner for recreation and expanding our sports leagues to other areas. I am excited about the recreation team meeting to seek God's vision and working that out together over the next six to eight months. I am excited about the new classes through Jazzercise for senior adults. I am excited about the new fall Upward Soccer league with the purpose of targeting a new community with another church. I am excited.

Like any start of the season; players, coaches, and fans typically are excited about the potential. And while I have named just a few things I am excited about in recreation and Cool Spring, I have no idea how all will turn out. But I do know this, God has a direction and heart for his people. He often brings about possibilities for us that we can either sit on or give it a go. As a follower of Christ, I have decided to give it a go. Go out there and test the waters of the new exciting possibilities. Asking God to show me where and how He is working so that we can continue to be a part of something exciting - following Him and being a part of His working in our community and world.

The unknown can be exciting from God's perspective. What are you excited about?




No comments:

Post a Comment