Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Ground Shook

Just experienced my first earthquake - 5.8 on the scale right here in central Virginia. It was an awkward forty seconds of concern. Growing up on the coast I was used to hurricanes and decisions that come with them. Being trained in emergency preparedness, I think I am ready for a tornado. But an earthquake...really?

The Rec Center held its ground and all using the facility remained safe!

The only thing that I didn't hear during this event were the trumpets blowing..............

1 comment:

  1. The biggest question is: did you laugh? Did you cry? Did you do both at the same time?

    The people in the building next to us were freaking out. There were 20 of us in a meeting just 200 yards away and we didn't feel a thing. I feel left out...

    ReplyDelete