Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Commissh'

I love when God puts the "right people" in my path. Thursday I was having a breakfast meeting with our Flag Football director, current referee commissioner and a new referee commissioner for next year. I had come to know this new referee commissioner over the last year through his serving as a regular ref in our league. But yesterday I really got to know him.

I was aware that we would be needing a new commissioner in this area. Andy Lacatel, who has done a great job over the last several seasons, is moving on in ministry. So over the last month or so we have been praying about a new person for this role. One particular person came to our attention. And today it was confirmed. God introduced me to the real(not just the on field person) Brian Hyde. As I listened to the story of his life; from growing up in Michigan, participating in the 1996 Olympics, and how Christ became real in his life, I knew the "right person" was before us as we move forward in Flag Football. While sports, even at the highest level, was a major factor in his life, what I really saw was humility and desire to influence others because of his relationship with Christ.

The "right people" are critical. And yesterday God brought one our way. Thanks to Brian Hyde for saying yes to this new ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment