Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

Solitude


Solitude and Silence are two words that connect together in regards to the area of spiritual disciplines. And this twin discipline is one in which I to often miss out on.In fact, most of us miss out.

Our culture and world around us are so packed with noise - ipods, play stations,TV's,cell phones,- that we have become afraid of solitude and silence. We fear what we will do when we simply sit still and ponder. This Sunday I will be preaching on the discipline of Solitude and Silence at Cool Spring Church. Not only will I be sharing with those in attendance, but I am praying that this message will impact me just as much.

Take a few minutes to sit still, to get away for a "minute" retreat and create space for balance in your busy life. God promises us that we will meet him there.

So, in practicing what I am going to preach, check out the above view I had yesterday from Royal New Kent Golf Course. Thanks Chris Jones for a great day of golf.

1 comment: