Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Outdoor Dining


Sunday was a great time of fellowship for the Outdoor Ministry. Families gathered together to enjoy venison prepared with bacon wrap, jerky, and Glen Dunaways speacial tenderloin and sauce. We also had Rock fish and Grouper along with great sides and sweets to follow.

But the best part was the opportunities that families had to enjoy this time together. Often I see ministries developed that tend to separate the family. Ministries that are geared to impact groupings of individuals. While I believe individuals need connecting, it should not create a divide for the family in learning and growing in ministry together. Our culture, and even myself, struggles with this. We feel the need to be a men's group, a woman's group, a mom's/dad's group, a sports group, and before you realize it, these groups have consumed the two most valuable things provided to us: time and family.

As the father of a high school senior and preparing for college, (ask me about him and I will be glad to tell you he has a 4.0 GPA, works with the Cool Spring Child Care Center,and ..well you are suppose to ask me) I am realizing as time goes by, that relationships with the family and time with them are the most important. And yes, I to have to work at this.

Involve your family and involve yourself in the interests of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment