Pages

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Thoughts from Today

I'm going through Romans in my quiet time. Here are some thoughts from today and Romans 12 that stood out to me:
  • v1 - presenting myself and my body as a living sacrifice is my part of my spiritual service of worship
  • v2 - don't chase the world; practice the discipline of renewing my mind so that I reflect Christ and that which is good
  • v3 - humility - never elevate myself over others
  • v5-8 - work together with others and their gifts
  • v9 - hate evil, cling to what is good; grab goodness as tightly as I can, because our society and world is doing away with it
  • v12 - rejoice in hope - be thankful for Christ who is hope
  • v12 - persevere in tribulations - don't quit
  • v12 - devoted prayer - pray, pray, and pray
  • v15 - connect with and walk alongside of others; those who are rejoicing and those who are weeping
  • v.16 - wisdom is not you - don't be wise in your on estimation (this goes back to prayer)
  • v18 - have good relationships - as it depends on me, be at peace with others
  • v19-20 - God will deal with vengeance (let him do it)
  • 21 - good overcomes evil

Take time to reflect on these. And take time to get alone with God in order to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment